Our AP content is a good resource to help students prepare for AP exams. However, while we provide content resources, we do not have instructors who teach the courses. In order to be authorized by the College Board and put in the AP Course Ledger, an instructor must submit a syllabus for the course. While we do not have instructors who teach our courses, we do have NROC member schools that teach the courses for credit and they have been approved through the AP College Board. *AP, Advanced Placement and Advanced Placement Program are registered trademarks of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this content.
1. A. The metaphysical poets are so called because of their mixture of theologic, philosophic, and mundane imagery.
2. E. Each of the four humours was thought to promote a certain temperament or mood.
3. E. Iago feels that he, rather than Cassio, deserved the post of chief lieutenant.
4. C. Eliot’s novel is considered one of the finest of the 19th century; it explores the conflict between idealism and reality in provincial England.
5. E. Swift’s ironic essay satirized the suggestion by British economists that the people are the wealth of the nation.
6. B. Limericks are typically bawdy and are used frequently in doggerel or satiric verse.
7. C. It seems apparent that the poet has acquired some insight that Margaret has yet to achieve.
8. D. Specifically, Hopkins suggests that mankind is cursed by its awareness of mortality.
9. C. Alliteration is the repetition of initial consonant sounds.
10. B. Hopkins uses leaves as a metaphor for the inevitable decline and death of all mortal things.